21 Ideas for a Successful Career in Sales
Are you suited up, trained and ready to get out there and win?
Success in this world is fundamentally a matter of selling, of using its principles whether in business, society, or politics, and applying them properly and effectively.
During my workshops and seminars I am regularly being asked for my opinion on what is needed to be successful in sales. Here is a short list of things that every salesperson needs to do regularly, day-by-day, week-by-week, to ensure the continuous success in sales.
- Never ever stop learning
- Stay positive
- Take time off
- Stay in control of your emotions
- Work with decision makers exclusively
- Set your selling quota
- Stay committed
- Put the rubber on the road, not on the carpet
- Stick to the system
- Watch your language, appearance, and behavior
- Get organized
- Set small goals
- Prepare a “to do” list each day
- Cultivate contacts
- Contact three past buyers a day
- Contact three prospects a day
- Become the number one communicator in your office
- Increase your personal association with top performers
- Know the nuts and bolts of the business
- Improve your attitude to yourself, your company, and its products
- Ask yourself, “Is this what you want?”
Let me ask you again – are you suited up, trained and ready to get out there and win?